Sabado, Mayo 27, 2017

Writing a Novel

For about a week now, I've been planning on writing a novel. This might not be the first time I've said it to myself (for the record, I keep telling that I would write something since I was only eleven) but for now, I've been researching a lot; from the possibility of a certain plot to the techniques of writing a good ass novel.

I've been reading and writing my own stuff back when I was only in fifth grade, where my only fan is my cousin Kat. She would literally just sit there and ask and ask for the next part of the story that I keep on writing in my head. I remembered once when we're only about ten and eleven, we were in a car coming back home from Cavite to Manila after celebrating the new year. The ride is obviously a long way from home so we decided to entertain ourselves to some Michael Jackson music and a few shared stories (from me) that are basically as the young ones call now "imagines."

The trip from the province to the city was quite enjoyable, I literally have to speed up my whole story just to get to the bottom of it, (Cavite from Manila you say) I did finish telling it to my cousin though. And that night I will always remember how the feeling of some door opening in front of me while I write down another set of stories on a sheet of paper from an old notebook, that this gon' be my purpose. This is it.  I am a freaking genius.


And so I thought...

After quite some time or after five years of failed attempts at writing, it's ghosts was and still is everywhere. From an old laptop's notepad application, from ripped pages from fifth, sixth grade back notebooks, and also from the never ending piles of actual notepads my ability and dream of writing became stagnant. Yes sure, I composed a lot of essays, short stories...but that;s about it.

Not until college...

Writing is crucial to my course, I picked Communications Arts by the way.

Yes, the girl who cannot read once and the girl who could not stand reading picked that course.

Life is full of surprises you know, and you can never tell what it might pull off this time. So keep it flowing.

Now, I began writing poems, started reading other poets' works like Lang Leav, Rupi Kaur & Michael Faudet. I keep on searching for others everywhere; you name it, just so I can fuel up my love for writing, my inspiration to keep going.
Now, I have decided to create the debut (yeah baby, I'm dropping a bomb)

I keep you posted on this topic to my obsession with art, music, and literature.

All I could post now about this debut novel is, it will be a historical, sci-fiction. That's about it. (my two favorite genres by the way)



Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento