Linggo, Mayo 28, 2017

The Terminal (2004) : A Brilliant Movie

I've recently indulged myself with a nice cold bath before watching a nice movie about a guy who just wanted to go to America, listen to jazz, and meet the talented saxophone player. I have, to be honest, it was really depressing to watch Tom Hanks while he runs around, builds his life within the JFK's Airport walls. (He is a really brilliant actor I tell you!) Along the way, for about 9 months he made acquaintances that became friends then eventually became family. They loved him.

Life is all about surprises, you never know what to expect you never now what it might have in its pockets. 

It was a simple, brilliant movie. I was astounded to know that Steven Spielberg directed it (I know, how could I miss that!) Very talented indeed.

I tweeted earlier this one, hope he notices it and even respond if I' lucky:

And for the record (for it is my thing) I've researched about the whole film and guess what...

It is inspired by Mehran Karimi Nasseri, also known by the name Mr. Alfred Mehran, an Iranian refugee who lived in the departure lounge of Terminal One in Charles de Gaulle Airport from 1988 to 2006.



(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mehran_Karimi_Nasseri#/media/File:MKNasseri.jpg, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Terminal#/media/File:Movie_poster_the_terminal.jpg)

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento